Thursday, August 7, 2008

More colors

I had 2 people ask me about green, so I'll get onto that.

Green gives a feeling of nature, cheerfulness, growth and exploration. Green is a tricky color though because a dark green can make you glum, and a sea green can make you feel nauseous.

Orange is a fun color, it is used a lot in advertising, it is a bright and happy color with ties to both red and yellow that I mentioned earlier. The other thing about orange is that is gives you a slight feeling of hunger. You'll notice that a lot of cafeterias and restaurants may have a slight tinge of orange to their designs, your mind recognizes it even if your eyes don't.

Purple is a regal color. It makes people feel important, in charge, above worry.

With all these in mind, when I moved to Florida from California, I designed my bedroom in such a way for the maximum amount of comfort. I used to suffer horribly from insomnia, so I do everything I can to help improve my sleep. The walls of my bedroom are painted to look like a bamboo forest, the ceiling is bright yellow, and a lot of my pillows and my down comforter are dark shades of purple. My bedroom is on the corner of my house so I have one wall that's all windows to let the light in that faces to the east to get the sunrise in the morning, and the light on the ceiling makes the yellow very warm and comforting as I wake up in my royal colored bed.

I think I'll do for my next post other ideas to make your life at home less stressful. Including helpful information I learned from watching Mr Rodger's Neighborhood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadnt put much thought into how colours affect us and now Im thinking about changing the colours in my sleeping area I have lots of dark blue and some red.. no wonder I have trouble sleeping :O